Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10

No matter what holiday, the day before that certain holiday things to straight down the toilet. Not good. Today has been a pretty tough day. Wishing everything could've gone better, but no. Lots of school, family issues, friend problems, and some other things as well. Things that make me want to explode. 

Today I was asked to clean out an old cabinet and when I emptied 2 of the drawers I found piles and piles of birthday cards, baby pictures, and even a letter from santa from when I was 3 months old. That was the highlight of my day, while everything else was.. ehhh. I read every single one of the cards, and was able to bring a smile to my face every now and then. As soon as I found the cards, pictures and whatnot I immediately thought in my head "I'm taking these for myself, no one can have them, they are of me and for me so I will keep these and make a scrapbook." It sounds very selfish, I know. But I haven't seen a baby picture of myself in a very long time, and never get the chance to see things like this so I want to keep them close by, so I can see them. 

The other day I was asked by a friend to make her two beard hats. I have never made a beard hat.. until yesterday, that is! She wanted an orange hat with a black beard as well as a lime green hat with black beard. I have finished the lime green hat, and it turned out better than expected! What do you think of it though? 


Tonight I am going to try and finish the orange hat, I may post a picture of that one later on! We shall see. 

I got to be a firefighter today! 

I also met a new friend! :) He even gave me a hat!


I guess there were a few more good things to my day. Meeting the firemen was a blast, I got to put out a fire, go inside some of the trucks and get pictures with my new best friend! 


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving as I said before. What are you all doing this year? 
I will be going to my brothers house for dinner, and to hang out with the family. It may be a little hectic, but at least I will have some family to see and get to talk too. So many sisters and brothers I haven't seen in a while. I'm ready for tomorrow. Bring on the turkey!! I am praying everything will be a much better day than today. I don't know what I would do without God, or friends. I am very thankful that I have them. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment