Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12 More days to go!


Psalm 68:3
But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful.




Christmas is just around the corner! Only 12 more days. 

Yesterday my family went on a mission to find our Christmas tree. We always get a big, live tree. We went to a friends tree place, and found our tree within 10 minutes. Later on we brought the tree into the living room, where we put the tree every year. We strung the lights than decorated it with the many decorations and ornaments we own. The stockings were hung early this year.. they are normally hung Christmas Eve, but  I think everyone was getting ahead. That's okay though! It brings the Christmas spirit to life. 

The best way to end the day is to check your email and see that you have sold your last Santa/Elf hat! I was so excited! 


A great way to get my mind off of things is baking/cooking! I LOVE cooking/baking. It's fun, and you can get some tasty treats when your done! Every year, I like to make rice-krispie treats. This year I decided to make them a little early so that I could take some and share with friends before Christmas time. I will be making some more to give to my siblings as small gifts as well. I snuck a treat to try, and with the M&M's they were delicious! 





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tree. It's so full and has a great shape. One year we tried to get a tree from the forest on our farm. All of the big trees shaded out the smaller ones, so they were all very small and pathetic. We took one of the better ones and brought it into the house. When I really looked carefully at what we'd chosen, I wanted to cover it with a tablecloth or something. One side was really sparse and the other side was quite average. It looked like something had taken a big bite out of the one side. Because of the lack of branches, the ornaments all went on the "good" side. That made it look even more lopsided.It made me think of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree! lol

    ReplyDelete